Say what?! This is awesome! I was nominated by Leah’s Book Blog. Honestly, thank you so much. It’s stuff like this that makes me really glad that I switched to WordPress. Be sure to check out Leah’s blog!
Here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Leah’s Questions for me:
1. Who is your favourite author?
– If I have to choose just one author, I’d have to go for…Holly Black. But the runner ups would be Maggie Stiefvater, Juliet Marillier, Sherrilyn Kenyon and H.S. Stone.
2. What was the first book you remember reading?
– Ooh boy, I’m like 31, yanno. That’s a long time ago, ahaha. Actually, my road to reading was a long one because in grade 4, my teacher noticed that I couldn’t read. Yeah I know, that’s incredibly shocking! I started with picture books but I wanted to be like all the rest in my class and reading R.L. Stine so I worked HARD to be able to read Monster Blood, Night of the Living Dummy and then the rest. I do think my first book was Monster Blood. I loved it. Wow, that was a long, wordy answer. Sorry!
3. What fantasy world would you like to live in?
– Hmm. A mix of Hogwarts, Narnia and The Dark Crystal, minus the Skeksis creatures because they’re creepy. I like the Gelfling’s!
4. What is your favourite book series?
– Oh! I have so many! The Caller series by Juliet Marillier; Harry Potter obviously, haha; The Iron Fey series are to just name a few.
5. Where and when do you get most of your reading done?
– I have a special chair that sits beside my gas fireplace. I have to wrestle the cat for it every so often. And when I say wrestle, if I’m too slow getting into it, he’ll actually dart and jump back into it. When? Usually the morning. I plop down in my chair with my cuppa java, and read. I also tend to do a bunch of reading at night as well. But that ends with me dropping my eReader if I’m not careful.
6. How many pages do you read in a day?
– Hmm, well as I tend to do a significant amount of reading on my eReader, it’s not really “pages” persay. I can read a book in a day, if it is a good one. I also tend to read while playing video games (PC gamer), watching television, etc so I sneak in more pages. I’m going to guess at about 10 plus pages, if the book is good and reasonably paced.
7. What is a popular book that you didn’t love?
– The Host by Stephenie Meyer. It was slow and ugh. It actually was one of those “the movie was better” for me. Sorry, not sorry! Haha!
8. How do you start your morning?
– As of late, I’ve been struggling to get up in the morning. I suffer from depression so sleep is sweeter than being awake. But when my depression is low, I usually wake up and make a coffee and grab a yogurt. Then head to my chair and boot the cat out to his bed in front of the fire, settle in and do some reading. My boyfriend works nights two days a week so he’s sleeping by then and then he works two day shifts, and he’s at work by then so I can pass the time with some sweet, quiet (unless the cat starts singing the song of his people) reading.
9. On average, how long are your blog posts?
– I would say, give or take, about a page. Depends on how much I reveal in my reviews or which of the week day posts I pop up. My interviews can be lengthy.
10. What is your biggest fear?
– I’m the Queen of Fears. I struggle with agoraphobia, which is the fear of fear, basically. I fear being outside of my comfort zone. I’m almost to the point of being housebound since moving in with my boyfriend. I do go out and get groceries. Or walk to the mail box. My mom also comes and picks me up for week long visits where I get puppy therapy. I also fear never having children; centipedes send me running for the nearest chair; the fear of never being enough. Yeah.
11. Do you have a set number of posts you write per week?
– I actually just worked that all out. I do a “Quote of the Day” post each day and try to squeak in at least two reviews. But I went to Google and sought out bookish posts to do each day. I tweaked a couple and made up a couple of my own. So those can be looked forward to.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I love sloths. Like, ridiculously love sloths. I would cry if someone let me near a sloth; like inconsolable crying!
2. I can and do read multiple books at a time. I often start them, and then forget that I have. I think there are at least 5 started books on my bookshelf right now.
3. I refused to own an eReader for the longest time. Then my dad surprised me with an eReader a few years ago and I had to finally bite the bullet. Now? I wouldn’t be without!
4. I can read upside down. That drove many teachers nuts if they happened to lay down the answer sheet 😀
5. I was born on August 14. This meant I mostly spent my birthdays in sweltering heat or it pissed rain and all my friends were on last minute camping trips. Thank goodness for the beach!
6. I often will order “scratch and dented” books because I don’t care. It’s a book. If it isn’t missing pages, I will read it.
7. I can quote the movie Labyrinth (yep with David Bowie) word for word. “Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle! Beyond the Goblin City, to take back the child that you have stolen!” Ah. My favourite movie!
8. I wanted to be a housewife growing up but I really suck at cleaning. 😀
9. My name, Leticia, I bet you’re all saying it wrong. Except like 1 or 2 people. It’s said Le-Tish-Ah. Tish is my short-form. I answer to that as well. But I was named for a great, great aunt on the insistence of my great grandmother. We never knew why until my dad’s adopted family tree came into play and my dad’s adopted great grandmother was sister’s to my great, great grandmother. The great, great aunt was given up as a child. So the name was insisted upon to my great grandmother who insisted it upon my mom. Yup.
10. I have never, ever, been to a concert. BUT! I was born and raised by musicians, so instead of mind boggling, crushing crowds, I was treated to live music my whole life.
11. I have been finishing my high school education online for the last couple of years (one course a year is enough!).
My Questions for my Nominee’s
1. Which do you prefer: eReader or Paper book?
2. Do you have a favourite movie?
3. What do you do besides write blog posts?
4. What is your biggest goal in life?
5. What is one of your favourite book/author quotes?
6. Are you a gamer? If so, what’s your pick: console/pc?
7. What is your top 5 favourite movies?
8. What is your top 5 favourite television series?
9. What is one thing you wish that you could give the world?
10. What is your least liked thing about blogging?
11. How do you normally prepare to write a book review?